We love all breakfast food around here. We eat it for just about any meal. Eggs are our very favorite. Farm fresh are best, and we don’t like them any other way! We make these easy little egg cups all the time.
These egg cups can be made really simple, or add a bunch of mix-ins to make them all different ways.
The kids love the basic version of ham, eggs, and cheese. Sometimes we add broccoli, asparagus or peppers.
You can also switch out the ham for cooked bacon or sausage. Super easy and super delish!
My favorite kind is with spinach, mushrooms, ham, and Swiss cheese.
When I make these kind, I sauté the spinach and mushrooms with a little butter before I mix them in with the ham, eggs and cheese. They’re so savory.
They’re great to make several of them ahead of time and stick them in the fridge or even freeze them for later.
The kids love to come home from school and warm them up for a snack. They’re packed full of protein, and healthy fats so they keep them full til dinner time.
Make some, you won’t be sorry!
Basic Ham and Egg Cups Ingredients :
• 12 slices ham diced up
• 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice
• 6 eggs
• 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
• salt and pepper to taste.
Ham and Egg Cups Directions:
◦ Preheat the oven 400 degrees.
◦ Grease six spots in your muffin pan with butter.
◦ Layer ham then cheese, and repeat.
◦ Whisk the eggs, and heavy whipping cream together in a measuring cup. Pour the egg mixture into the ham cups.
◦ Bake for 15-18 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
Top with salsa and sour cream or hot sauce.
Alternate mix-in combos
• spinach, mushrooms, ham, and Swiss
• green chiles, breakfast sausage, pepper jack cheese, topped with avocados
• ham, sautéed bell peppers, onions and cheddar cheese
• broccoli, bacon and Swiss
There are so many yummy possibilities!